About Your Trip
This fascinating DreamTrip to Cairns introduces you to two of the most magical and meaningful natural habitats on the planet. Your first outing takes you to Daintree National Park, home to one of the oldest, continuously surviving tropical rainforests in existence. Set out on a guided trek through Mossman Gorge in Daintree Rainforest, a vibrant ecosystem sustaining about 1,000 documented species of native animals and primitive plant life. Your Ngadiku guide on this fascinating “Dreamtime Gorge Walk” will show you significant cultural sites, share aboriginal legends, explain the history of cave paintings and more. After lunch, grab your camera for a different view of the landscape as you cruise the Daintree River.
The following day, board a luxury catamaran for a full-day cruise to Michaelmas Cay through the Great Barrier Reef — one of the seven natural wonders of the world. You’ll have access to snorkeling equipment and a demonstration on its use, informative ecological presentations by a marine biologist and a bird tour to give you the opportunity to learn about the surrounding nature and wildlife firsthand. You can even stay dry while getting a diver’s view of the reef’s aquatic life and landscape with a fun tour in a semi-submersible!
What we love:
• Michaelmas Cay — a protected seabird sanctuary — plays host to more than 20,000 migratory seabirds and is one of the most important nesting sites in the Southern Hemisphere.
• Daintree Rainforest is part of Queensland’s Wet Tropics region, a UNESCO World Heritage site that boasts one of the planet’s most scientifically important collection of plants.
• Spanning more than 1,300 miles (2,092 kilometers) in the Coral Sea off northeastern Australia’s Queensland coast, the Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest coral reef system.
Your DreamTrip includes 5 days and 4 nights in Cairns, Australia, as well as:
• Full-day Daintree Rainforest tour; includes local guide and transportation.
• Full-day Ocean Spirit cruise to Michaelmas Cay and the Great Barrier Reef; includes morning and afternoon tea, snorkeling equipment and demonstration, buoyancy vests and transportation.
• 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner.
• Gratuities for housekeeping and porterage services at the hotel.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Cairns Airport (CNS), approximately 3 miles (5 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
Known for its excellent accommodations, relaxing atmosphere and superb location, Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside serves as the ideal home base for visitors to Queensland’s northern coast. Each guest room boasts a private balcony with fantastic views of picturesque Trinity Bay or the lush hinterland. Guests seeking to get up and out can take a short walk to the Botanical Gardens or the busy Esplanade dotted with restaurants and souvenir shops — instant access to a host of local dining and entertainment.
• 1 restaurant and 1 cocktail lounge and wine bar, plus 24-hour in-room dining.
• 1 outdoor pool.
• Complimentary shuttle to the Central Business District.
• Concierge service and currency exchange.
• Complimentary self-parking.
Standard Room accommodations with:
• 1 king bed or 2 double beds. Extra bed available in rooms with king bed.
• Maximum occupancy 3 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Hairdryer and bathrobe and slippers to use during your stay.
• Satellite television.
• Coffee- and tea-making facilities.
• Minibar (consumption at an additional cost).
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 2 p.m.
Checkout: 11 a.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside
209-217 The Esplanade
Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia
Pricing for children for this hotel may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. Click BOOK IT to check. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements:
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.